Note: Please visit our Careers page for instructions on how to apply.
Computer Programmer/Network Technician
Reports To: Network Administrator
FLSA Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Designs, codes, tests, and maintains application software and programs. Acts as a liaison to outside contractors to oversee software development process. Works with end-users to ensure programs perform to specifications. Assists with computer system set-ups and monitoring of computer system operations. Evaluates new software applications and products for purchase. Applicant must have knowledge and experience in programming. May be asked to assist with the installation and maintenance of company and/or customer LAN/WAN networks.
- Acts as a liaison to outside contractors to oversee software development process.
- Works with end-users to ensure programs perform to specifications. Develops control procedures to operate software programs.
- Provides general support to Information Systems department by assisting with computer system set-ups and monitoring of computer system operations. Maintains system firewalls in order to protect company systems and information.
- Maintains current industry knowledge and evaluates new software applications and products for purchase.
- May prepare program documentation and materials for end-users as appropriate.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
- Knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge in Linux and Windows (various versions)
- Knowledge in virtualization (vmware and kvm)
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN design.
- Knowledge of one or more application languages.
- Knowledge of company policies and operating procedures.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of telecommunications billing, customer service and plant functions.
- Skill in operating various computer equipment and programs.
- Skill in problem solving and resolution.
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and information.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to effectively evaluate software packages and programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (continued)
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
A degree in computer science or related field is required (or equivalent combination of education/training and experience).
|Seeing: Must be able to complete service orders and trouble reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and industry contacts.||X|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to operate keyboard.||
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.