IT/Network Specialist (Albion, ID)
ATC Communications in Albion, Idaho is seeking an IT/Network Specialist to join our ATC family! ATC Communications is a family owned and operated communications company nestled in the heart of Albion, Idaho. The company originated in 1929 and has offices in Albion, Arco, and Malad. ATC serves rural Idaho & Utah communities with advanced communications services using fiber optics, copper, and wireless technologies. ATC offers an excellent benefits package, including a 15% employer-contribution 401(k) plan and 100% employer-paid health insurance for your entire family.
This position’s primary responsibilities will be designing, installing, and supporting data networks for our small business customers as well as our internal network. This position will be 'hands-on'; starting with pre-sales site visits all the way through post-sales support and troubleshooting. Our internal network has multiple locations in different geographic regions, supporting our employees and applications. This position will help plan and implement software, hardware, and network changes. An ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking with business customers, working with our sales team to design and upsell services, and keeping our internal system operating efficiently.
This candidate must demonstrate a fundamental understanding of IP networks and have hands-on experience in building and supporting business networks. A basic understanding of TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, VLAN, SD-WAN, Wireless (802.11x), MPLS, QoS, Packet Analysis and SIP is required along with vendor-specific knowledge of SAN Environments, VMware, Cisco, Ubiquiti, and Microsoft/Google Cloud products. Knowledge in network/cyber security is ideal.
Must be willing to live in or near our Albion office and must be present on-site during normal working hours (no remote work). Salary depends on experience and level of expertise.
Visit atcnet.net/careers to apply or for more information.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs and installs company and customer networks according to specifications.
- Installs and updates network software.
- Develops security procedures to eliminate threats to network equipment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves network problems.
- Maintain a current understanding and knowledge of relevant network technologies and advancements.
- Design and deploy Fiber to The Home, and outdoor Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi-Point solutions.
- Design IP networks to accommodate VoIP technologies
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. Some work outside of normal business hours, and overnight travel required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge with Cisco, Ubiquiti, Ruckus, or other vendor wireless technologies.
- Knowledge in Linux, Windows, LAN/WAN design, and virtualization.
- Knowledge in Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and information.
- Advanced Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Skill in customer service and customer relations.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to resolve technical issues and answer technical questions in person, via phone, and by email.
- Ability to effectively evaluate software packages and programs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
Education and Experience
A degree in computer science or related field is required (or equivalent combination of education/training and experience). Preference given to individuals with certifications (A+, Network+, CCNA, Microsoft, etc.).
|Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and industry contacts.||X|
|Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about work site.||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to maneuver around personal computer and network equipment, occasionally positioning self to floor level.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift or push well enough to move computer equipment up to 50 pounds from floor to desk level.||X|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment, and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
ATC Job Application
Submit completed application and resume (with references) via one of the following methods:
- Email all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- Mail to our Albion office:
ATTN: Karlee Ramsey
PO Box 98
Albion, ID 83311
- Drop it off at your local ATC Office