Note: Please visit our Careers page for instructions on how to apply. Application deadline is March 4th, 2018.
Customer Service Representative - Part Time - Malad, ID
Job Summary: Provide existing and potential customers with a single point of contact to answer inquiries and initiate resolution of concerns or
problems. Responsible for handling customer care requests via incoming calls, email, and IM’s received for work requests and billing inquiries.
Additionally, Customer Service Representatives are responsible for retaining customer accounts, troubleshooting, addressing concerns and solving service or billing problems.
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Office Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer incoming customer calls, emails, faxes, etc., relating to all aspects of ATC products and services.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all products/services offered by ATC Communications including Internet, Telephone, and TV.
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitive product lines, differentiators and industry trends through self-education and ATC resources.
- Provide quick, professional, accurate resolution to customer issues/questions.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
- Accurately receive and apply payments on customer accounts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products and services.
- Basic understanding of computer networks is recommended.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales practices and principles.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, as well as phone etiquette.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments with special attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of 2-3 years previous
customer service experience preferred.
- Training or experience in outside sales.
- Technical training or experience with networking, PC repair, or IT.
25-30 hours per week, Monday-Friday. May occasionally be asked to work full 8 hour days to cover absences or illnesses of co-workers.
Must be able to read computer
screen and various reports.
Must be able to hear
well enough to communicate
with employees and business
Must be able to write, type
and use phone system.
(This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.)
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 definition of essential job
functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important
performance aspects of the job.