Combination/Telecom Network Technician - Application Deadline November 25th!
Department: Outside Plant
Reports To: Outside Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Installs, maintains, and repairs customer premise voice and broadband equipment. Wires and connects new equipment. Utilizes testing equipment to determine maintenance and repair needs and completes necessary repairs. Installs, configures and performs routine maintenance on central office switches and related equipment. Repairs central office and related equipment by performing diagnostic tests and performing necessary repairs.
Essential Job Functions
- Installs new voice and broadband services and equipment on customer premises. Wires and connects new equipment as appropriate. Explains equipment and services and answers customer questions.
- Maintains and repairs existing voice and broadband customer premise equipment by testing to locate trouble. Determines and completes necessary repairs.
- Installs, configures and performs routine maintenance on central office switches and related equipment. Repairs central office equipment by performing diagnostic tests to locate trouble. Determines and completes necessary repairs.
- Completes all outside plant and central office installation and repair related reports.
- Confers with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
- Handles wireless issues.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of digital switching technology.
- Knowledge of voice and broadband technologies and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets and circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of structured wiring and programming of customer equipment.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Skill in installing, repairing and maintaining central office switches and related equipment.
- Skill in operating service and testing equipment.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, schematics, instruction manuals, blueprints and specification sheets.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (continued)
- Ability to evaluate, test and repair sophisticated equipment.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
|Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports.||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and industry contacts.||X|
|Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about work site.||X|
|Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop, kneel and crawl to perform installations.||X|
|Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift at least 40bs.||X|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions due to the continuous exposure to one or more of the elements listed above. Exposed to one element continuously or several elements occasionally, but usually not at the same time.
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
ATC Job Application
Submit completed application and resume (with references) via one of the following methods by November 18th:
- Email all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- Mail to our Albion office:
ATTN: Karlee Ramsey
PO Box 98
Albion, ID 83311
- Drop it off at your local ATC Office