I need help paying my bill. How do I qualify for assistance?
Financial assistance is available in Idaho to help qualified low-income individuals pay for telephone or internet service. The Idaho Telephone Service Assistance Program (ITSAP) offers a $2.50 discount on monthly telephone bills. A separate program – the Federal Communication Commission’s Lifeline Program (Lifeline) – offers a monthly discount of $9.25 which can be applied to telephone or internet bills.
Lifeline qualification details:
- If you qualify, your household can get Lifeline assistance for phone or internet service, but not both.
- If you get Lifeline for phone service, you can get the benefit for one mobile phone or one home
phone, but not both.
- If you get Lifeline for internet service, you can get the benefit for your mobile phone or your home
connection, but not both.
- Your household cannot get Lifeline from more than one phone or internet company.
- You are only allowed to get one Lifeline benefit per household, not per person.
- If more than one person in your household gets Lifeline, you are breaking the FCC’s rules and will lose your benefit.
To see if you qualify, visit the National Verifier Service at https://nationalverifier.service-now.com/lifeline
Or you may qualify using the paper form with the documents below:
FCC Form 5629: Lifeline Application Form (For first time applicants)
FCC Form 5630: Annual Recertification Form (Required yearly)
FCC Form 5631: Household Worksheet Use this worksheet if someone else at your address gets Lifeline.
- What do the lights on my modem mean?
- What is the IP address to log into my router? What is my routers username and password?
- I moved my modem to a new location/jack and now my Internet does not work.
- How do I test my Internet speed?
- How do I change/reset my email password?
- How do I setup my modem and router?
- How do I check my email online?
- I’m connected via copper. How do I set up my modem and router?
- Can I send or receive faxes if I’m on fiber?
- How do I check my Spam or Junk email?