Power Outage – Everything You Need To Know About Battery Backup
Home Telephone Service
In past years your home telephone was not affected by power outages. Your ability to make and receive calls would remain intact. However, newer fiber-connected homes now require battery backup power to continue functioning during a power outage. Battery backup will preserve your home’s ability to call 911 emergency services in the event of a power outage.
Home Internet Service
Your home’s internet service will not operate without battery backup. Security systems, medical monitoring devices, wireless routers and any other internet-connected device will require a backup power source (battery, generator, etc.) in the event of a power outage. The Federal Communications Commission requires ATC to provide you with the following battery backup options. These indoor battery units are available for purchase at your local ATC office.
- Standard Battery*………$240
- 10 outlets, 2 USB charge ports, self-testing, surge-protection, 3-5 year battery life, rated 8.1 hrs on 27 watts
- Advanced Battery*………..$1,100
- 10 outlets, 2 USB charge ports, self-testing, surge-protection, 3-5 year battery life, rated 33.9 hrs on 27 watts
*Similar units may be substituted due to availability.
Please keep in mind that any standard Universal Power Supply unit will also work. Similar units are available for sale at Amazon.com and other retail stores.
If you have already own an outdoor battery, your battery may need to be replaced every 2-3 years depending on use and weather conditions.
Outdoor Battery Purchase and Replacement Options
- Self-installed replacement battery….. $20 (plus tax)
- ATC installed replacement battery…..$40 (plus tax) **Please allow 5-7 days for replacement.
How do I replace my backup battery (Cyberpower version)?
- What do the lights on my modem mean?
- What is the IP address to log into my router? What is my routers username and password?
- I moved my modem to a new location/jack and now my Internet does not work.
- How do I setup my modem and router?
- I’m connected via copper. How do I set up my modem and router?
- Can I send or receive faxes if I’m on fiber?
- How do I test my Internet speed?
- How do I change/reset my email password?
- How do I check my Spam or Junk email?
- How do I check my email online?