Power Outage – Everything You Need To Know About Battery Backup
In past years your home telephone was not affected by power outages. Your ability to make and receive calls during a power outage would remain intact. However, newer fiber-connected homes now require backup battery power to continue functioning during a power outage. As such, ATC has provided a backup battery for your home. This battery will preserve your home’s ability to call 911 emergency services in the event of a power outage.
The backup battery provided by ATC can provide power to corded telephones (any telephone that does not require AC power) Cordless phone systems, home security systems, and medical monitoring devices all require AC power, and will not operate on backup battery.
Your home’s wireless router also requires AC power, and will not operate on ATC’s backup battery. If you wish to use your internet services during a power outage, you will need to provide a separate backup power source (battery, generator, etc.) for your wireless router and any other network devices you may have.
Battery Life and Care of Your Battery
Your ATC backup battery should provide 6 hours of talk time. The performance of your battery may vary due to age, use, and environmental factors. ATC’s backup battery will have a lifespan of 2-3 years. After that time, your battery may need to be replaced.
Battery Purchase and Replacement Options
ATC has provided your first battery free of charge. Replacement batteries are the responsibility of the customer.
- Self-installed replacement battery….. $20 (plus tax)
- ATC installed replacement battery…..$40 (plus tax) **Please allow 5-7 days for replacement.
- How do I change/reset my email password?
- How do I test my Internet speed?
- How do I check my email online?
- What is the IP address to log into my router? What is my routers username and password?
- How do I setup email on my cell phone, tablet, or PC?
- How do I setup my modem and router?
- Which Internet plan is right for me? How fast of speed do I need?
- I moved my modem to a new location/jack and now my Internet does not work.
- I received an Abuse Notification email from ATC. What does this mean?
- What is a filter? Do I need one?