ATC Communications is seeking a qualified Telecom Network Technician in Arco, Idaho. Job duties include installing and repairing voice/broadband networks and equipment. Experience with IP networks, VoIP, and wireless networks is preferred. Must have a good driving record and have or be able to obtain a CDL license. This position is in Arco, Idaho (no remote work option is available). ATC offers excellent benefits packages and competitive pay. Salary depends on experience and level of expertise.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs customer premise voice and broadband equipment. Wires and connects new equipment. Utilizes testing equipment to determine maintenance and repair needs and completes necessary repairs. Installs, configures and performs routine maintenance on central office switches and related equipment. Repairs central office and related equipment by performing diagnostic tests and performing necessary repairs.
- Installs new voice and broadband services and equipment on customer premises. Wires and connects new equipment as appropriate. Explains equipment and services and answers customer questions.
- Maintains and repairs existing voice and broadband customer premise equipment by testing to locate trouble. Determines and completes necessary repairs.
- Installs, configures and performs routine maintenance on central office switches and related equipment. Repairs central office equipment by performing diagnostic tests to locate trouble. Determines and completes necessary repairs.
- Completes all outside plant and central office installation and repair related reports.
- Confers with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
- Handles wireless issues.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of digital switching technology.
- Knowledge of voice and broadband technologies and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets and circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of structured wiring and programming of customer equipment.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Skill in installing, repairing and maintaining central office switches and related equipment.
- Skill in operating service and testing equipment.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, schematics, instruction manuals, blueprints and specification sheets.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to evaluate, test and repair sophisticated equipment.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
ATC Communications is a family owned and operated communications company nestled in the heart of Albion, Idaho. The company originated in 1929 and has offices in Albion, Arco, and Malad. ATC serves rural Idaho & Utah communities with advanced communications services using fiber optics, copper, and wireless technologies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible