Need Help Paying Your Broadband Bill?
We work closely with state and federal assistance programs to provide discounted services to eligible individuals.
Affordable Connectivity Program
About the Affordable Connectivity Program
The benefit will provide a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program
Sign Up for the Benefit Program
Eligible households can enroll through an approved provider or by visiting affordableconnectivity.gov/.
After your application has been submitted and approved
Please notify us by completing this short form.
Lifeline & Idaho Telephone Service Assistance Program
Lifeline (Idaho & Utah Customers)
The Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) Lifeline Program offers a discount up to $9.25 a month on eligible services. Lifeline discounts are available to eligible customers in both Idaho and Utah.
A brief summation of program rules are listed below.
- If you qualify, your household can get Lifeline assistance for phone or internet service, but not both.
- If you get Lifeline for phone service, you can get the benefit for one mobile phone or one home phone, but not both at a reduced rate of $5.25.
- If you get Lifeline for internet service, you can get the benefit for your mobile phone or your home connection, but not both.
- Your household cannot get Lifeline from more than one phone or internet company.
- You are only allowed to get one Lifeline benefit per household, not per person.
- If more than one person in your household gets Lifeline, you are breaking the FCC’s rules and will lose your benefit.
- Your eligibility must be renewed each year.
ITSAP (Idaho Customers Only)
Financial assistance from the Idaho Telephone Service Assistance Program (ITSAP) is available in Idaho to help qualified low-income individuals pay for telephone service. ITSAP offers a $2.50 discount on monthly telephone bills.
To qualify for both ITSAP and Lifeline, you must be a residential customer who is:
- Head of the household.
- Income eligible (income cannot exceed 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines).
- The name and telephone number on your application must match telephone company records.
Apply for Lifeline
To learn more about the federal lifeline program please visit the National Verifier Service at https://nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline
Apply for ITSAP
Idaho Customers Only
Applications for the 2022-23 school year are now closed.
About the Empowering Parents Program
Odyssey in partnership with the Idaho State Board of Education is bringing the Empowering Parents program to families across the state of Idaho. If you are a parent or guardian of an Idaho student(s) in grades kindergarten through grade 12, attending a public, private, or is homeschooled, you can apply for these funds.
Eligible Families can:
Receive a credit for $1,000 per child up to $3,000 per family to be used in the Empowering Parents online marketplace.
Once the account is created and eligibility verified, monies are deposited into the awardees account and are available to be spent over a 24 month period.
Eligible purchases include computers and technology, internet access, instructional materials, tutoring services, and educational services and therapies through approved vendors in the Empowering Parents online marketplace.