LIFELINE & Idaho Telephone Service Assistance Program (ITSAP)
Financial assistance is available to help qualified low-income individuals pay for telephone or internet service.
Lifeline (Idaho & Utah customers)
The Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) Lifeline Program offers a discount up to $9.25 a month on eligible services. Lifeline discounts are available to eligible customers in both Idaho and Utah.
A brief summation of program rules are listed below.
- If you qualify, your household can get Lifeline assistance for phone or internet service, but not both.
- If you get Lifeline for phone service, you can get the benefit for one mobile phone or one home
phone, but not both.
- If you get Lifeline for internet service, you can get the benefit for your mobile phone or your home connection, but not both.
- Your household cannot get Lifeline from more than one phone or internet company.
- You are only allowed to get one Lifeline benefit per household, not per person.
- If more than one person in your household gets Lifeline, you are breaking the FCC’s rules and will lose your benefit.
- Your eligibility must be renewed each year.
To apply for Lifeline and learn more about the federal lifeline program please visit the National Verifier Service at https://nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline
ITSAP (Idaho Customers Only)
Financial assistance from the Idaho Telephone Service Assistance Program (ITSAP) is available in Idaho to help qualified low-income individuals pay for telephone service. ITSAP offers a $2.50 discount on monthly telephone bills.
To qualify for both ITSAP and Lifeline, you must be a residential customer who is:
- Head of the household.
- Income eligible (income cannot exceed 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines).
- The name and telephone number on your application must match telephone company records.
To apply for ITSAP, you must first apply for Lifeline (see above). Note: ITSAP is only available for telephone service.
Other Links & Resources?
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us.