Be on High Alert For Spam Emails
We will never send emails asking for personal information.
If you receive a suspicious email asking for personal information (passwords, usernames, etc.) it is SPAM and please block it at e-scout.atcnet.net.
Spam emails often look like they’re from a company you know and trust. They may look like they’re from a bank, a credit card company, a social networking site, or a store you’ve done business with in the past. They’ll often tell a story and attempt to trick you into taking action. They may:
- say they’ve noticed some suspicious activity or log-in attempts
- claim there’s a problem with your account or your payment information
- say you must confirm some personal information
- include a fake invoice
- want you to click on a link to make a payment
- say you’re eligible to register for a government refund
- offer a coupon for free stuff
With an increase of people working and educating from home, cyber-criminals have upped the ante in their attempts to take advantage of the growing audience. Stay alert and always think before you click! If you have any questions or need additional help, please call us. We are always happy to answer any questions that you may have.