Can I send or receive faxes if I’m on fiber?
It depends. The fax machine was designed to work over a traditional analog network and the technology hasn’t changed much in the last 30 years. In theory, faxing over an IP network should work just fine. We have a lot of customers using a fax machine daily without any issues. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for everyone and it doesn’t work all of the time.
How can I improve the success rate of faxing over fiber?
- Older fax machines seem to struggle with faxing over an IP network. If your fax machine is older than 5 years then it may be time for an upgrade.
- When sending dozens of pages, try splitting them up between multiple faxes. Faxes with 10+ pages may fail more often than faxes with 1 or 2 pages.
- Try again. As nation-wide voice networks become more IP and less reliable, faxing reliability will deteriorate. This is especially true when faxing long distance. We have worked hard to build a reliable network but we cannot control the quality once your call leaves our network.
What other options do I have?
Scan & Email
Instead of faxing documents, we recommend using a scanner and attaching the scans to an email. Most people prefer this method since it’s cheaper and provides a much higher quality scan.
If email isn’t an option, we recommend any IP-based fax services. Receiving faxes is easy – they simply show up in your email as a PDF file. You can choose to print it, forward it, or just save it. To send a fax you must scan it, attach it to an email, and send it via email. The email gets sent to the fax The person you are faxing will never know you are using a fax-to-email service.
- What do the lights on my modem mean?
- What is the IP address to log into my router? What is my routers username and password?
- I moved my modem to a new location/jack and now my Internet does not work.
- How do I setup my modem and router?
- I’m connected via copper. How do I set up my modem and router?
- How do I test my Internet speed?
- Can I send or receive faxes if I’m on fiber?
- How do I change/reset my email password?
- How do I check my email online?
- How do I check my Spam or Junk email?