I moved my modem to a new location/jack and now my Internet does not work.
DSL modems cannot be filtered. Be sure to either remove the DSL filter from your phone jack, or make sure your modem is plugged into the “DSL” side of the filter. Most DSL internet setups look like this:
With modem plugged directly into phone jack:
With modem plugged into “DSL” side of filter:
Remember, it is possible to have multiple filters inside your home since every analog device requires one (i.e. every phone, fax machine, satellite receiver, heart monitor, etc.). It is also possible to have one filter installed inside your NID (located on the exterior of your home). Since everyone’s internet setup is unique, please feel free to contact us for assistance.
- What do the lights on my modem mean?
- What is the IP address to log into my router? What is my routers username and password?
- I moved my modem to a new location/jack and now my Internet does not work.
- How do I setup my modem and router?
- I’m connected via copper. How do I set up my modem and router?
- Can I send or receive faxes if I’m on fiber?
- How do I test my Internet speed?
- How do I change/reset my email password?
- How do I check my email online?
- How do I check my Spam or Junk email?