What assistance is there for individuals who are deaf, deaf-blind, hard of hearing or have difficulty speaking?
What is Idaho Relay?
For everyone, including the thousands of people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind or Speech Disabled, Idaho offers an important public service called Idaho Relay.
Idaho guarantees all citizens access to convenient, reliable options and services that enable them to communicate by telephone.
How does relay work?
Dial 7-1-1 from any phone in Idaho or the appropriate toll-free number below to connect to the Idaho Relay. Give the Communication Assistant (CA) the area code and number you want to call. During a relay call, the CA will voice everything typed by the TTY user and type everything said by the telephone user.
Are there any charges to access the relay?
There are no charges to access the relay. You can make calls inside or outside of Idaho. Standard long distance charges do apply, so check with your long distance provider for rate information. If you do not choose a long distance company, your call will be billed by AT&T. To discover more about long distance carriers available through Idaho Relay, contact Idaho Relay Customer Service.
CapTel™ is ideal for people with some degree of hearing loss. CapTel works like any other telephone with one important addition: it displays every word the caller says throughout the entire conversation. CapTel users can listen to the caller and read the captions on the display window.
If you have an emergency you should use your telephone or TTY to call 911 or your local emergency service number directly. Relay centers are not emergency centers and should not by used to place emergency calls.
To Place a Relay Call
Dial 7-1-1 OR
Speech to Speech: 1-888-791-3004
You may also visit https://cdhh.idaho.gov/
- How do I change/reset my email password?
- How do I test my Internet speed?
- How do I check my email online?
- What is the IP address to log into my router? What is my routers username and password?
- How do I setup email on my cell phone, tablet, or PC?
- How do I setup my modem and router?
- Which Internet plan is right for me? How fast of speed do I need?
- I received an Abuse Notification email from ATC. What does this mean?
- I moved my modem to a new location/jack and now my Internet does not work.
- What is a filter? Do I need one?